Making your choice on which dental treatments are suitable for your dental problem can be challenging. Several questions will probably be running through your mind, and some of these questions can include;
- Are you proper candidate for the procedure?
- How long will the treatment last?
- What is the cost of the treatment?
Composite resin bonding refers to a cosmetic dental procedure that helps you improve your smile by correcting minor dental defects. To find out more about other cosmetic dental procedures, you can contact any Harley Street Cosmetic Dentistry practice like Smile Works Dental Clinic. Meanwhile, this guide that we have prepared will help you with all you need to know about composite dental bonding and whether or not you are suitable for it.
What is meant by composite resin bonding?
Composite resin bonding or dental bonding represents cosmetic dental procedure that involves adding resin material on the teeth for supplement or alternation of their shape. The putty-like resin material is applied by the dental professional and shaped on the teeth prior to bond permanently.
For people who want to improvise their smile and those who have damaged teeth, dental bonding can be a better option. After the procedure, the bonding can run for 3 – 10 years, although this depends on the patient’s oral hygiene regime.
Benefits of dental bonding treatment
There are different benefits attached to dental bonding. They include the following;
- It is less expensive when compared to other options
- It can be completed in one visit to the dentist
- It is minimally invasive, meaning that less of your natural teeth are removed, unlike other alternatives like veneers and crowns
- Anaesthesia might not be required for carrying out the procedure
Downsides of dental bonding treatment
There are potential downsides to dental bonding, and they include the following;
- It has a shorter lifespan as compared to other alternatives
- The material used has not so much of stain-resistance ability as compared to other alternatives
- The infected area becomes prone to break and damage
What can be your expectation during the dental visit?
The dental bonding procedure for one tooth usually takes about 30 minutes to one hour. This report is according to the Smile Works Dental Clinic. Even better, local anaesthesia might not be needed to numb the spot for the procedure.
The composite veneers treatment process begins with the dental professional preparing the natural tooth with the application of liquid conditioner and smoothing it on the visit. Next, a composite resin bonding material which closely matches to your natural tooth colour is bonded to the tooth, and the process is completed with a light source. To finalise the procedure, the bonding material is shaped according to preferred structure and appearance, after which your bite is checked to ensure that it properly fits.
Who is eligible for composite bonding?
Based on your dental requirements and preferences, different options can be suitable for you. This means that there is no one best choice for your oral health; instead, there are a variety of choices you can choose from. Nonetheless, you can be a suitable candidate for dental bonding in case you have any of the following;
- Having exposed root of the tooth and want a covering
- Wishing for promoting the dental appearance (smile and gaps)
- For covering fractured, decayed, chipped and damaged teeth or tooth
On the other hand, you will not be suitable for dental bonding if there are any of the situations:
- There is no adequate material left in the natural teeth for building from
- Your bite is not properly aligned and requires adjustment
Does Composite Veneers Treatments Hurt?
Answer is No, It is absolutely pain free. No medicine is required and also no drilling totally the natural teeth.
The composite bonding will be placed in the clean place of the tooth, and gently polished in the end.
Cost of dental bonding
Cost is usually one of the things that help in choosing the bonding. Cost of dental bonding is lower when compared to other dental alternatives. The cost of dental bonding is around £300 – £600 per tooth, and this is low compared to other options like veneers that cost about £925 – £2,500 per tooth.
When is aftercare needed?
When you care for the bonded teeth special car must be paid to it– it should exceed the usual regular oral care routine. This is because the bonded teeth become more susceptible to damage due to negligence and get deteriorated if proper care is not taken. Proper care and maintenance exceeds the longevity of the bonding. Given below are some steps to bonding proper care:
- Consume a healthy diet and stay away from sugary foods, acidic foods and beverages
- Brush twice daily for at least 2-minutes, by soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Avoid grinding your teeth, and wear a mouth guard instead
- Teeth should be cleaned once every day with floss or interdental brush or flossing device
- Avoid chewing non-food things such as pencils, fingernails, pen and ice
- Schedule your dental visit regularly for dental advice
Composite Resin Bonding Near Me in London
Looking for composite veneers clinic near you in London, Yes We have clinic in:
Smile Works Dental, Suite 1, 20 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8GF
We also offer absolutely free consultations at our London clinic and allowing you to get all your queries before you go through the treatment.
Finally, only a dental professional will determine the best kind of cosmetic treatment you need. Contact us at Smile Works Dental Clinic for more helpful information. Get in touch with us through email or phone call to book an appointment.
So, if you are suffering from any major dental issue that you are not like with, then talk to our expert dentists about composite bonding treatment. It may be the ultimate solution to make you smile beautiful again!
If you are searching for the most affordable dental solution, then composite bonding is best for you. Though, if the patient has suffering from aesthetic issues and he want a long lasting solution, then dental veneers ,may be the ultimate solution