Introduction All of us would like to experience relaxation after working in such a hectic schedule, right? Massages are the one thing that makes y
All of us would like to experience relaxation after working in such a hectic schedule, right? Massages are the one thing that makes you feel relaxed and forget about all the worries from the outer world. There are so many types of massages that will help our body and mind relax. For instance, scalp massages will help you feel relaxed and with that, it will provide you good quality hair. Today there are a number of salons that will provide you with types of massage, they will recommend you the type of massage that will be ideal for you. Today you can opt for multiple online spa services, you can select the best salon for yourself and then book an appointment with it through the Spa booking app by sitting at the comfort of your home. You do not have to take out time from your hectic schedule to get down to the salon and book an appointment for yourself. Here in this article, we will talk about what a scalp massage is, how to correctly massage your scalp, and the benefits of scalp massage too.
What is Scalp Massage?
Scalp massage is a head massage that is constructed to relax the mind and enhance circulation. When we worry about something, most of the stress is laid upon the head and the neck, so here, scalp massages can be very effective if you want to reduce your stress. In this, warm oil is massaged perfectly throughout the scalp and it helps in relaxing the tight muscles in the temple and neck regions. Scalp massage can be helpful for your hair too, whenever you wish to relax your head and your mind, then scalp massage treatment is the one you should book for yourself.
How to Massage your Scalp?
There are a few ways in which you can massage your scalp that will provide you with a relaxing feeling. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- The Traditional Massage
For many years, this form of massage is known for stimulating the growth of hair. This massage is done with the assistance of fingers.
Steps to apply the traditional massage
- You have to apply light to medium pressure and then massage your scalp with your fingers in circular motions.
- You do not need any oil for this massage method.
- You have to ensure that you cover the entire scalp.
- You have to do this for 5 minutes and do this at least 2 times a day.
You can ask somebody else for external help too from somebody at your home. You can also book appointments with a Spa booking app if you cannot do it on your own.
- Massage during washing your hair
You can provide your scalp with a massage by gently rubbing your shampoo while washing your hair.
Steps to massage while washing your hair
- You have to use circular motions while rubbing your scalp with shampoo for 5 minutes after application.
- Keep in mind that you do not scrub hard.
- Rinse off the shampoo once you are done with it.
- Brushes and scalp massagers
There are various tools that can help you provide yourself with an effective and soothing head massage. Electric brushes, scalp massagers, and other tools are usually recommended by dermatologists. These tools can work easily around your scalp in the way you use your fingers. It will provide you with more good results and will make you feel extra relaxed.
- Massage with essential oils
The essential oils are taken from plants to enhance the growth of your hair, regulate the production of sebum and also helps in controlling dandruff. These have been used from a long time ago for looking after the issues for your scalp. You can massage your scalp with essential oils once or twice a week.
Some of the essential oils that are commonly used during the massage are:
- Tea tree essential oil
- Borage essential oil
- Ylang-Ylang essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rose essential oil
Steps for using essential oils while massaging your head
- Firstly, you will have to set the environment of your room with candles and soothing music to set your mood for the massage.
- Then you have to mix your essential oil with a carrier oil of your choice like coconut, jojoba, or others.
- Then you warm the amalgamation and apply it to your scalp with the assistance of your fingers.
- Then gently rub the oil mixtures with circular motions
- Then you have to leave it for half an hour to an hour and then wash it off with shampoo.
There are some other methods too if you want to try. You can easily book online spa services if you want to gain experience from a professional therapist. Now let’s see what are the benefits of scalp massage.
Benefits of Scalp Massage
- Going for scalp massage will help you in reducing the muscle tension
- Scalp massage will assist you in the growth of your hair
- It is one of the natural remedies for migraines and headaches
- If you fog or scalp massage, it will assist you in balancing the nervous system
- Scalp massage is very convenient.
It is very important in today’s hectic life to relax our mind at regular intervals and nothing can be better than a massage at this. Opting for a scalp massage will help in relaxing your mind and your body too, we keep on working for hours, taking all the stress which is why after this a little pampering is what we deserve. Most of us do not have the time to book a massage appointment for ourselves, which is why Spa booking apps are here for our rescue. By sitting at your workplace, you can easily look for the best salon, choose the scalp massage and then book an appointment for yourself. You do not have to waste your time by going down to the salon and you will get an appointment easily for yourself. So, without much ado, go for a scalp massage and get your mind and body to relax completely.